- In the opening verse, James says, "how can you claim to have faith... if you favour some people over others?" Is it possible to be a Christian if you have faith in God but don't follow his commands? Why or why not?
- Have you ever experienced favouritism or discrimination before? How did it feel? How did it impact the way you treat people who are different from you?
- What do you think would happen if a homeless person walked into church on Sunday morning? What SHOULD happen, if our church has no favouritism?
- Why do you think Christians make some sins a huge deal (e.g. sex before marriage), but not other sins, like racism or sexism?
- How can our church lead the way and teach against discrimination and favouritism?
If you missed the sermon, you can listen here.