Thursday, May 14, 2015

Meet the Intern!

This is a guest post from our new Student Ministries Intern - he will be working with iConnect and Youth students this summer!


So I know that most of you already know me but for those of you who do not my name is Connor Pfortmueller and I am the new Student Ministries intern at Bethany Baptist Church!  I have been attending Bethany for my entire life so far and I recently finished my first at Simon Fraser University.

Growing up volunteering at church is what really drove my interest in becoming the new intern because it provided me with opportunities to discover what I really love to do, and that is to teach and hang out with kids.  This internship provides me with the unique opportunity to do something that I enjoy and to take another step in my own faith journey.  I know that when I was in high school I often struggled with finding out who I was and what kind of person I wanted to be.  Going to youth two to three times a week helped my spiritual growth as well as helped me build lasting relationships, so I know the huge impact this can have in someone’s life.  Throughout my time at youth I had several leaders around me that encouraged me and spent time with me, so coming into ministry now I know that I want to have a similar positive impact on these kids as my leaders had on me.

What I am most excited for is simply getting to know the kids in student ministries and building relationships that will last longer than my time working here at Bethany.  I know that I am still young and there is so much left that I have to learn, but I am ready and prepared to take on any challenge that comes my way in order to aid in the spiritual development of the kids in student ministries.  If you have any questions for me or would like to talk to get to know me better you can contact me at anytime.  My email is cspfortmueller@bethanybaptist.bc.ca or you can contact Amanda for my cell number.  I am looking forward to what should be an awesome experience with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment