This Sunday Pastor Stef started his new sermon series on James (focusing on James 1:1-18). If you missed it, you can listen on our website. If your kids come to Sunday School, they are already getting familiar with the book of James as we are using it to learn how to study the Bible.
Here are some discussion questions for you and your family:
- What things in life bring you joy?
- When do you find it easy to be joyful? When is it difficult?
- What is one thing going on in your life right now that does not naturally bring you joy, and maybe even causes stress, anxiety, and sadness when you think about it?
- What are some ways you can start to see good things in that bad situation?
- Why do you think God wants us to be joyful even when things aren't going well?
- Describe a time when you grew spiritually and felt closer to God. How did that impact your joyfulness?
- What are some ways you can start living more joyfully this week?