As many of you know, last week I hosted a Parent Workshop about social media. If you were not able to make it to the meeting, I do have the notes and my sources available if you would like a copy. Keep in mind that I will be doing this workshop again (either at Bethany or the community centre if they let me!).
Looking at my calendar, the best date (for me) for the next one would be March 16. I haven't decided on a topic yet but I'm leaning towards something focusing on how adolescent brains develop and how that info can help adults understand and work with teens. We'll see :)
If you have any feedback or a topic suggestion, let me know!
Here are some of the links I recommended at the Social Media workshop:
- http://www.commonsensemedia.org/ - Common Sense Media is dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology.
- http://fulleryouthinstitute.org/ - The Fuller Youth Institute exists to equip teenagers with the lifelong faith they need. We do this by leveraging RESEARCH into RESOURCES that elevate leaders, kids, and families.
- http://thesource4parents.com/ - Helping Parents Build Relationships and Teach Biblical Values
- http://www.pluggedin.ca/ - Shining a light on the world of popular entertainment (created by Focus on the Family)
- http://www.xxxchurch.com/ - Porn addiction is one of the most difficult addictions to overcome, but XXXchurch is your resource online to fight porn addiction. We prevail through awareness, prevention, and recovery.