Monday, October 21, 2013

Christmas Gift Ideas for teens

Hey parents!

Christmas is creeping up quickly, so here are some gift ideas for your teen or preteen!

A study Bible! I talk about this all the time!!! They have SO MUCH information that we rarely learn at church, and can't know on our own with a regular Bible. I'm talking cultural explanations, character studies, timelines, charts, graphs, maps, and life application notes. I have this one and love it. I would suggest NOT getting a teen version as the content often crosses the line between useful and fluffy. I prefer NLT or NIV translations. Here are the search results I came up with (this is about half the price of going to the store):

Jeff Bethke's new book, Jesus>Religion. He was our speaker at May Camp 2012 and our students love him. I am conveniently placing an order next week and the cost is $10 per book. If you would like me to place an order for you (free shipping!) please bring $10 by this Sunday (Oct. 27). Shipping takes about 2 weeks.

Francis Chan books! He's awesome! Our student leaders are reading his discipleship book with their mentors this year. Try Crazy Love, Forgotten God, or Follow Me.

Lee Strobel's film set. We watched these in Bible Study a couple of years ago and the kids loved them. It's a set of three apologetics movies (based on the books) that explore how science, history and logic support the truth of the Bible, the claim that Jesus is the Messiah, and tough questions we wrestle with in our faith. It's also only $16 so I'll be getting myself one!

A book about dating, relationships, and sex. There are some good ones out there; this is one for both guys and girls that I've heard good things about.


No comments:

Post a Comment