Friday, July 13, 2012

Crossover #4: Bowling @ Lois Lanes

Well yesterday was our last Crossover event of the week - today I'll be leaving work a bit early to go home and rest after an awesome week of events and VBS!

After lunch, we walked over to Lois Lanes Bowling down the street to play two games with the kids. Everyone had a great time! I actually almost won a game but got beaten out during the last round by one of the girls - I find this amazing because I'm terrible at bowling! I guess that's the upside of going with 11 and 12 year olds... I at least have more experience!

Jonah, Brady and Jack waiting their turns to bowl
Sean (amazing face!), Aldrich, and Dale being cool

After we finished, we still had quite a bit of time left over (I put the kids in smaller teams... with younger kids you never know how many distractions there will be to stretch out playing time!) so we headed back to the church and had some snacks - they had leftover ice cream and jello from the VBS snack! Thank you to the kitchen crew for saving the food for us, we really appreciate it!!! We had our fill, hung out for awhile, and then everyone went home.

Me with Sarah, Corah and Rylee

Lauren, Isabella, and Natalya and their spinning bowling balls

This year's Crossover really stood out to me from the rest. Typically, I prefer events that target older kids (probably has something to do with having a high school teaching degree...) but I had such an amazing time with a group of mostly preteens this year! They were just so fun and upbeat! We had no complainers or grumblers and they really built each other up during our games and activities. It was great to see kids making new friends and having a good time.

We really want to see these kids again - Crossover is to help kids actually cross over into Student Ministries, not just to hang with them for a week and then never see them again! Thankfully, we have lots of upcoming summer events that they can come to and I'm looking forward to getting to know the kids better!

Next week we have a Girls' Movie Night (July 17) and Games Night (July 19) and both events are for grade 6+. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment