Monday, July 09, 2012

Crossover #1: Icebreakers & hot dogs

Whew! Our first day of VBS and Crossover is DONE!! What a great day! We had 31 people up in the Attic after VBS finished today - the majority are going into grades 6 and 7 and we also had some teens and a few leaders. We had hot dogs for lunch and then played some games to help us get to know each other better... games like interviewing a partner, I have never, Bang!, and a bunch of others.

My favourite part of the afternoon was giving everyone two nametags... one with their real names, and one with a trick or nickname to help us remember all the new names. It was great to meet so many new students and actually remember all of their names at the end of the day (especially with two Ryans, two Ethans, Sammie, Samantha, etc)! What a great group of kids... I had so much fun playing games with them and I'm looking forward to field games tomorrow.

FOUR THINGS to remember for tomorrow: bring sunscreen, water, a bagged lunch, and runners. We'll be playing a bunch of different field games at the park across the street. I'll be at the VBS Opening Session so if anyone would like their lunch to be refrigerated during the day, just come find me and I'll put everything in the youth fridge. See you tomorrow!


Crossover Week Recaps:
Crossover #2
Crossover #3
Crossover #4

No comments:

Post a Comment