Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Pastor Brad's resignation

If you weren't at church on Sunday you may not know that Pastor Brad resigned at the end of the service. For many of us, this will be very bittersweet: while we're excited for Brad, Colleen, and their kids as they set out on a new adventure, they will be very sorely missed. I've enjoyed working with Brad over the past five years and I probably wouldn't still be in ministry if it wasn't for his mentorship and guidance along the way.

Here is what Brad posted this week on his Facebook:

In case you haven't heard I am resigning from my role as the Pastor of Student Ministries at Bethany Baptist Church. I have truly enjoyed the privilege of being able to serve the youth and families of Bethany.

I will be continuing in my interim role as Pastor of Adult Ministries until the end of August. Then I will be taking a sabbatical through the fall (thank you to Bethany's Elders for granting me the sabbatical). I will officially be done at Bethany at the end of the year.

Colleen and I are excited about the future but we don't know where we will be serving next. Your prayers are appreciated as we seek His leading. We will continue to pray for Bethany and trust that God will guide His church.

I'm sure for many of you this news is surprising. If you would like to talk about it, please don't hesitate to contact either Brad or I. I'm sure Pastor Brad would love to hear from you and I know he's looking forward to spending time with many of the youth over the next few months as he wraps up his ministry here at Bethany. He asks for your prayers as well as he of course doesn't know what the future holds for him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment