Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to work!

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas this past weekend! Last week I took things pretty easy and tried to catch up on some reading - I have a stack of about 10 ministry books that I want to read so I opted to make a dent in those instead of working at the office. Now I'm eating some leftover Christmas cookies for breakfast and planning some events and meetings that are happening in January! My holiday weekend was full of lots of (loud) family, German baking, and turkey dinners. How was yours?

A few weeks ago I updated our Sunday morning bulletin by saying that I would be posting some free and interesting goodies on the blog during the break, so from now until Gross Night on January 6, be sure to check back as I'll be posting quite a bit.

In the new year, I'll be putting together a book order form so our students can order Christian books, resources, devotionals, and Bibles through us instead of going to the store themselves. Because I can order in bulk this will end up being several dollars cheaper per book. If you have a book suggestion, please let me know!

For now, here's a link to The Five Love Languages website - this book by Gary Chapman is a must read for anyone who wants to make their current or future relationships more successful! It was excellent! The website offers the quiz to discover your 'love language' in a few different formats - for husbands/wives, singles, kids, parents of teens, and a special quiz for the 'languages of apology.' Be sure to check it out! http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/love/

No comments:

Post a Comment